Four Pillars of Student Life and Success
The four pillars serve as the foundation for our core values and all that we do in compliment to the Brandeis University Mission
Transformative & ethical leadership
Maintaining partnerships with faculty
Dynamic out of the classroom experiences that compliments what happens inside of the classroom
Celebrate and recalibrate (when necessary) who we are as Student Affairs professionals
Core Values & Four Pillars
The Dean of Students Office at Brandeis seeks to build a community based upon mutual understanding and consideration. Our work reflects our commitment to upholding the core values of:
- Citizenship Every individual has a vested interest in the well-being of the community, and, therefore, an obligation to stay informed, to make positive contributions, and to offer assistance to those who need our help.
- Integrity Every person is responsible for the consequences of his or her own actions, and our community is stronger when we contemplate the context of our decisions, and uphold the principles of sincerity, trust, and honesty.
- Respect Our community is one in which care and concern for ourselves and one another are of paramount importance, and our words and deeds reflect our appreciation for theory and practice, institutions and individuals, tradition and innovation.
- Civility Regardless of difference in opinion or background, our conduct must demonstrate courtesy and compassion, and reflect our recognition of the dignity of every human being.
- Lifelong Learning Each of us is both teacher and student; we regard each moment as an opportunity to share a learning experience with others, and we accept challenges for the advancement of the community as a whole.
- Embracing Diversity Because our lives are richer the more we are exposed to a full range of people and experiences, we celebrate human diversity, and strive for the broadest representation of perspectives in all that we do.