Visiting and Guest Students in Fall & Spring
Brandeis University welcomes visiting students (students who are enrolled at a degree-granting program at another college or university) as well as guest students (students and adult learners who have a high school diploma or GED and are not currently enrolled at another school) to take Brandeis classes during the Fall and Spring Term on a space-available basis. Current high school students who wish to take a course at Brandeis during the Fall or Spring Term should contact the Brandeis Office of High School Programs.
Courses with limited enrollment or instructor consent required may be more difficult to enroll in, so early registration for these classes is recommended.
To begin the registration process:
1) Students should find a class they would like to take. A list of Spring 2014 classes can be found here (use the drop down menu at the top to change between subject areas):
2) After finding a class, students should consult the course description on the Registrar's Schedule of classes or the Brandeis Bulletin to see if there are any prerequisites for the course. The University Bulletin can be found at:
Prerequisites and corequisites for upper-level classes ensure that students enter a class with shared knowledge of the subject before tackling more advanced concepts.
3) Review the Academic Calendar for the term. The latest Brandeis academic calendar can be found at:
4) Secure your finances for the course. Tuition and fees for the 2013-2104 Academic Year are as follow:
$5,548 Course tuition per course ($1,387 per credit, per term)
+ $738 Mandatory Undergraduate Fee
As a part-time student, financial aid is not available.
5) Apply for the program by filling out and submitting a Special Student Application. As part of the application process you will be asked to have a copy of your high school or college transcript (see application for more information) sent to us at:
Attn: Gwenn Smaxwill
Summer & Continuing Studies - MS 085
P.O. Box 549110
Waltham, MA 02454-9110