One of the hurdles midyear students face is the timing of the general chemistry prerequisite, which begins in the fall semester. Some students feel they are too far behind if they wait until their first fall semester to begin the two-semester sequence. Others who take the first semester of general chemistry at another university find that it didn't prepare them well enough for the second semester of general chemistry at Brandeis.
Incoming midyear students can take the first semester of general chemistry during the second session of Summer School from July 8 to August 9, 2013. You will be taught using the same textbook, protocols and experiments as our fall semester course.
If you are committed to pursuing an advanced degree in medicine or dentistry, this program offers you many advantages.
- Learn general chemistry the Brandeis way.
- Live with fellow midyears and current Brandeis students.
- Get to know your classmates and the campus.
- Meet key advisors and staff.
- Take workshops that can help you succeed.
- Ease your transition to a challenging academic atmosphere.
The Office of Academic Services has created a website with more information about pre-health courses and strategies for a career in pre-health.
Midyear Registration Forms
- Registration Form
- Optional Housing and Dining Application (Select Session 2 housing)
- Campus Parking Information and Parking Permit Application
- Health Insurance Selection/Reporting Form (PDF)
- Meningococcal Waiver Form (PDF)
- Health and Immunization Report (PDF)