Summer School Enrollment Differences
Enrollment in Summer School is quite different from enrolling in an academic year term.
- There is no "shopping period" for summer courses. Please submit your course selections in SAGE only when you are certain you will be attending the Brandeis Summer School.
- No tuition bill for your summer charges will be sent to your billing address. You are expected to review your Student Account in SAGE and make appropriate payment arrangements by the expressed deadline.
- There is an additional step to enrolling in summer courses. Brandeis degree candidates must activate themselves in summer term before they can enroll, as can be seen in steps 2 and 3 of the following documentation. If you have difficulty registering, there are detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to register in SAGE are here. If you have continuing issues, please contact the Summer School via email at email@example.com or by dialing 781-736-3424.
- By registering for Summer School courses, you are making a financial commitment. Online enrollment presumes payment by the stated deadlines. If payment is not complete by the close of registration, May 26 for Session I and June 30 for Session II, you will be dropped from your classes. You will lose your slot in any limited enrollment or consent required courses.
- Students in specific circumstances may request an extension on payment. Please see the Tuition and Fees section to determine the qualifications and the steps to receiving an extension.
- Students whose payers have SAGE proxy log-ins may receive an automatically generated message that contains a different deadline for payment. This message applies to a Fall Term and Spring Term, not to the Summer Term. Please advise your proxies about the payment deadline.
- All courses must meet an enrollment minimum in order to be given. Often students wait until the deadline to enroll in summer courses, so decisions on cancellations are made the week before courses begin.