What is SYE to you?
Answers from the Class of 2012
"SYE is a committee that plans special events for hte sophomore class in order to help make our sophomroe year the best and most enriching experience possible."
"The events were a great way for me to see old friends."
"It is about Sophomores bonding with one another. I has helped me make new friends."
"I understand SYE to be a way to bring sophomores together to interact in a more social way. SYE has helped me in being exposed to my class."
"It is all the transition moments and steps on becoming a well-rounded college student and getting closer and familiar to what you want to do after college."
The Sophomore Year Experience is an interdepartmental initiative to engage Brandeis sophomores. In keeping with the University's goals, we use learning opportunities and programming in order to:
- Foster strong personal and class identities for sophomores
- Increase awareness of and participation in curricular and co-curricular opportunities
- Promote autonomy and independent decision making
- Create purposeful transitions between class years
Your SYE Team
- Julia Moffitt, Academic Advising
- Lucas Malo, Community Service
- Jackie Blesso, Hiatt Career Center
- Stephanie Crane, Community Living
- Jonathan Davey, Community Living
- Kelly Davis, Community Living
- Maria Anderson, Student Activities Specialist
- Nicole Bonanni, Student Financial Services
- Courtney DeVries, Study Abroad
- Alessandra Monteiro, SSSP