"What was the best part of your sophomore year?"
Answers from the Class of 2012
"Declaring my majors, building new friendships and maintaing old ones, and deciding on where to study abroad."
"Being more comfortable with Brandeis and knowing how everything worked so I could do more with my times (classes, clubs, work, etc..."
"The best part of my sophomore year was probably the middle of Spring semester when my classes were going smoothly and were very interested, and when stress was at a manageable level."
"Incredible classes second semester."
A student’s sophomore year is a time for continued exploration in finding their academic direction. As a sophomore, stay open and do not be afraid to try new courses/departments. If you are able to do this, you will find this year to be both exciting and filled with opportunities that did not come up during your first-year.
Whether it's choosing a major, learning how to use advanced placement credits, or meeting with your Academic Advisor to discuss how your academic plan can come together, the Office of Academic Services are available. We are committed to offering services and support towards your academic progress and success.
- The Academic Advisors in the Office of Academic Services are a helpful resource in answering any academic questions or concerns that may impact your academic success at Brandeis. Visit the "For Sophomores" to read more from your advisors.
- Students have until the end of their fourth semester to officially declare a major. Sophomores are therefore strongly encouraged to continue to explore various classes before having to make that decision.
- Check out "About Major/Minors" to find information on how to declare a major, as well as links to the connection between majors and careers.
- Visit "Major Decisions" for a list of Undergraduate Advising Head office hours and an online workshop on "How to Declare a Major."
Advanced Placement (AP) Credits
- Sophomore year is a great time to review how they can be used towards your Brandeis career for purpose and/or numeric credits based your individual plan.
- Students should officially claim their AP credits before they submit their application to Study Abroad.
- Other important tips can be read on the "Advanced Placement Credits" web site.
Drop In or Make an Appointment
- A simple question can often lead to a dynamic conversation. Call 6-3470 to schedule an appointment or stop in drop in hours from Mon-Fri, 1-5 PM to meet with an advisor.