UDR Planning Guide
Scheduling and Space / Audio-Visual Requirements
- Determine the type of venue that is best suited for the initiative.
- Check the university calendar to avoid conflicts in schedule. Initiatives should be held when classes are in session.
- Work with your department to find low-or-no-cost event space. If you are unable to find adequate space, contact University Events. You will also need to fill out a student event request form.
- Determine if the needed technology resources are obtainable.
Food and Supplies
- View your catering options.
- Arrangements for catered food should be made through University Events.
- Brandeis Hospitality typically requires at least five days' notice for catering. Kosher food orders must be placed 10 business days in advance.
- Determine what other supplies are needed and from where they will be obtained. The UDR program can provide paper goods and utensils to you for free.
Check out our publicity and promotion ideas.