Procurement and Business Services
Procurement and Business Services comprises the following functions.
Processes vendor payments in a timely and accurate manner according to all regulatory requirements and ensures that all payments conform to Brandeis University policies and procedures.
Supports all departments in the acquisition of products and services for Brandeis at the lowest total cost of ownership.
A university-liability credit card issued to individual Brandeis staff that allows departments to charge university-related purchases and expenses less than $5,000 per purchase.
Oversees the payment for, or reimbursement of travel, entertainment and other expenses incurred during the conduct of Brandeis business and when using university funds.
In the last several years, banks and credit card providers have seen a significant increase in potential fraudulent activity on credit cards. The Brandeis P-Card is a credit card through Wells Fargo.
In accordance with best practice, Brandeis has partnered with Wells Fargo to enable Fraud Alert notifications that will be sent out via email to the cardholder in order to ensure legitimacy of various P-Card transactions.
Whenever unusual activity is identified on your P-Card account, Wells Fargo will automatically send you an email alert asking you to verify the transaction as legitimate, or report it as fraud.
Please review our Guide on Fraud Alerts for any questions on concerns.
If you have any questions please reach out to us at: Procurement@brandeis.edu
Brandeis University has partnered with Ricoh to deliver new multi-function printing devices. These machines facilitate the need to print, copy, scan, and fax. These devices utilize the latest in technology software called Papercut.
The benefits to the University are:
- Sustainability: Brandeis community members have emphasized the need for environmental sustainability. Through the use of this technology, Brandeis will help to stop unclaimed printing resulting in less paper consumption.
- Security: Secure printing across campus enables data security.
- Technology: Ability to print from mobile or web.
Over the next several months additional functionality and upgrades will be delivered and available campus wide. These are some features and improvements that are coming soon:
- A more streamlined device interface so that scan, copy, and print buttons are more accessible.
- Updated scan resolution settings so that the default is color and 600 dpi.
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) hardware on the devices to convert scans of documents to readable PDFs.
- Email to print and Voice over IP(VoIP) faxing queues.
Training and Support
- Ricoh Device Instructions - These are instructions on how to setup your account for the first time on the new machine.
- Mac Air Print Instructions - Are you having issues printing while using a Mac? This air print document may have your answers.
- PC Mobility Print - Mobility Print can be used on any PC. This is most useful for PCs that are not managed by Brandeis University and require access to the print queues
- Web Print - Upload files you want to print to a web interface, the pick up your print job from any device!
- Ricoh Signage (pdf) - Instructions to be posted near each device.
- Frequently Asked Questions
Please contact Ricoh for hardware issues such as paper jams, device errors, device printing lines, toner low, or if the device is malfunctioning.
To get access to the printer, print queue, or help with associating your ID cards, contact the ITS Help Desk.
If you need to have a fax machine removed from your area, please visit the Facilities website and submit a Work Request.
Brandeis will continue to follow the procurement requirements of OMB Circular A-110, and will utilize the grace period allowed in the Uniform Guidance.