Update to Coronavirus/COVID-19 operational changes for 3-17
March 17, 2020
Here are today's reminders and updates for our campus community:
Reminders from yesterday
- Students living in residence halls who have not received approval to remain on campus are required to leave by tomorrow if possible.
- The library buildings and Gosman are now closed.
- Starting today, Lower Usdan, Upper Usdan and Sherman (kosher and non-kosher) meals are take-out only. Dining room seating will all be closed.
- Lower Usdan will close at the end of business on March 20. Sherman will be open for takeout only, with both kosher and non-kosher offerings. Sherman seating area will remain closed.
- The Faculty Club is now closed.
- At the end of the day on March 20, all retail operations will be closed, with the exception of Einstein’s. Also, please note the following earlier closures on Friday, March 20:
- Hoot Market – 6 p.m.
- Einstein’s – 4 p.m.
- Dunkin Donuts – 2 p.m.
- Upper Usdan – 4 p.m.
- Einstein’s will reopen Monday, March 23 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday.
Changes to campus shuttle services
Please take note of the upcoming suspensions of campus shuttle services. We will update students remaining on campus about any ongoing services:
- Escort Safety will run the nighttime campus loop for the week of March 16 through March 21. Services will terminate at 2:45 a.m. Saturday morning. Anyone who has safety concerns at night should call Public Safety at 781-736-5000
- Joseph's will run the evening Waltham route through Thursday, March 19 from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. Services will terminate with the last run on Thursday night.
- The Boston/Cambridge bus is canceled for the remainder of the semester.
- The daily Waltham Joseph's shuttle will stop running Thursday, March 19 at the end of the day, 4 p.m.
- A Market Basket shuttle service will be provided by Crystal Transport service from Monday, March 23 through Friday, March 27. The shuttle will run from 12 noon until 4 p.m., and leave from the Spingold Theater circle, which is the usual location.
Critical Conversations: Canceled for today, on for tomorrow
The online Critical Conversation scheduled from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. today is now canceled. The Critical Conversation on March 18 will still be available to the community through a Zoom webinar. Pre-registration is not required. Please click on the link and enter your name and email address to enter the Zoom webinar. At the end of the faculty conversation, with panelists Zooming in, questions may be asked by typing into the Q&A module.
Technology Help Desk now virtual
With the library buildings closed, the Technology Help Desk can be accessed online, via email or by phone at 781-736-4357. ITS is available to provide technology support and services no matter where your “office” may be. The team is available from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Friday; hours may change depending on support needs.
Fall study abroad
While many students may be thinking about fall study abroad, the Office of Study Abroad is currently prioritizing the work of getting spring 2020 students back to their homes. It has moved all services online, and has extended the notification deadline for students who want to study abroad in the fall to April 17.