Housing Accommodations

The process for requesting and acquiring disability accommodations in campus housing is managed by The Disability Accommodations Committee for Housing, a collaboration between Student Accessibility Support and Community Living.

We provide support services and reasonable accommodations to students who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Fair Housing Act. All accommodation requests must be submitted and approved annually.

For Fall 2022 accommodation requests for currently enrolled students, both required forms must be submitted by March 11, 2022. Late requests will be subject to processing delays. Incoming first year and transfer students will receive information and deadlines after matriculation.

If you are requesting accommodations, you MUST also fill out the Housing Application on your MyHousing Portal when Community Living makes that available. Housing accommodation requests are not complete until you receive a selection number in the housing selection process, which requires an active MyHousing Application.

If you have questions about this process or need assistance, please email housingaccommodation@brandeis.edu

Note: Do not submit any medical documentation via email, as it is not a secure form of communication. Documentation received via email will not be opened or reviewed.

Please visit the Student Accessibility Support (SAS) website to view the complete request process and answers to frequently asked questions. 
Religious Accommodations

For students requesting that items inside a residence hall be modified for religious observance (motion sensors, Shabbat entry) please submit a Facilities Work Request and Community Living will do our best to support all requests.

For all other requests:

Requesting accommodations for religious purposes is separate from the disability accommodations process. If you are seeking housing accommodations for religious purposes and a medical condition/disability, please complete both the processes for disability housing accommodations and the process outlined below for religious accommodations. It is helpful to indicate in both processes that you are also engaged with the other, so we can ensure all of your needs are met.

Those seeking religious accommodations inside the Residence Halls are asked to submit a letter with their specific requested accommodations and how that connects to their religious practices. To submit religious accommodations please complete the Religious Accommodation Student Request Form as this is a separate process.