On Screen Text: Housing Medical Accommodations Process
- Step 1: Submit Housing Medical Accommodations Request Form
- Step 2: Send a copy of your Request Form and a link to the Medical Care Provider Verification Form to your doctor/medical professional
- Step 3: Reply to the email from DCL with your decision to set up a follow up meeting
- Step 4: Receive your housing assignment, that will meet your approved accommodation(s) or discuss next steps for denied requests.
Here are some important details about each step:
Step 1: Request Form
- Submit by June 1
- Form should be filled out by the student
- Provide as much detail as possible
- Draw a clear line between the condition and how the accommodation will help
- Only include conditions you can provide medical verification form
Step 2: Verification Form
- Send your medical care provider a copy of your completed Request Form and the link to the Verification Form
- The provider cannot be a family member
- Most physical condition documentation must be within 1 year of the request
- Most mental health condition documentation must be within 6 months of the request
Step 3: Schedule Meeting
- The Housing Medical Accommodations Committee meets every 2 weeks and reviews complete requests on a rolling basis.
- You will receive confirmation emails throughout the process; please respond promptly when needed.
- If your request (or part of your request) is denied, you will still schedule a meeting to discuss options moving forward.
Step 4: Housing Assignment
- If your request is approved, you will receive a housing assignment that meets your approved accommodation
- All assignments will be in first-year housing areas, with your peers
- Students typically receive their assignments in early July through their MyHousing Portal
Please direct questions to email@example.com.