Recruitment & Selection
Community Advisor Recruitment and Selection Season Begins Now! Apply to Join our CAst!
We begin the process of looking for talented, creative, thoughtful and interpersonally strong Brandeis students to become part of our ensemble cast of Community Advisors — and starting in October, the “audition process” for both Spring 2018 and the 2018-2019 academic year kicks off with a bang!
Community Advisors are educators, community builders, connectors to campus resources, DCL team members, peer mentors, paraprofessionals and so much more! Becoming part of the Community Advisor program gives you access to a second family at Brandeis and an amazing leadership opportunity that provides transferable skills that will serve you for a lifetime! We pride ourselves on being one of the most diverse and talented “ensemble casts” of student leaders at Brandeis, and we are eager to bring more amazing people into the fold to take their places on the stage in residential communities across campus!
The process starts with our search for new Community Advisors to fill spaces left vacant by departing CAs in January in the final weeks of the semester; in January, our focus shifts to securing our returning CA cast members and finding our new CAst members.
Find information on:
- Job descriptions
- Frequently asked questions
- Spring 2018 CA Application
- New 2018-2019 CA Application
- Nomination form (Nominate someone you feel would make a great CA!)
- And other important details related to the process
We encourage you to speak with current Community Advisors, Area Coordinators, and DCL Central Office Staff members with any questions you may have, and you can also e-mail our office at CASelection@brandeis.edu through April 15 with questions.
Each year as part of our recruitment process for Community Advisors, DCL hosts a series of information sessions across campus and in the residence halls where students can interact with DCL professional staff members and current CAs, learn more details about the CA role, and find out more about how to apply for the position. Here are the informational session dates, time, and locations. Please RSVP here for one of these info sessions, as we would love to see you there!:
- Wednesday, November 1st in the DCL Conference Room at 7:30pm
- Friday, November 10th in the DCL Conference Room at 12:00pm
- Tuesday, November 14th in the DCL Conference Room at 12:00pm
- Tuesday, November 28th in Shapiro Lounge in Massell Quad at 7:30pm
- Thursday, November 30th in Ridgewood Commons in Ridgewood A at 7:30pm
- Wednesday, December 6th in Polaris Lounge in North Quad at 7:30pm
- Wednesday, January 10th in the DCL Conference Room at 12:00pm