Recruitment & Selection
Reach Your Peak, Find Your CAlling! Community Advisor Recruitment and Selection Season Begins Now!
We begin the process of looking for talented, creative, thoughtful and interpersonally strong Brandeis students to become Community Advisors — and starting in October, we are looking for both Spring 2019 and 2019-2020 academic year CA positions!
Community Advisors are educators, community builders, connectors to campus resources, DCL team members, peer mentors, paraprofessionals and so much more! Becoming part of the Community Advisor program gives you access to a second family at Brandeis and an amazing leadership opportunity that provides transferable skills that will serve you for a lifetime! We pride ourselves on being one of the most diverse and talented “ensemble casts” of student leaders at Brandeis, and we are eager to bring more amazing people into the fold to take their places on the stage in residential communities across campus!
The process starts with our search for new Community Advisors to fill spaces left vacant by departing CAs in January in the final weeks of the semester; in January, our focus shifts to securing our returning CA cast members and finding our new CAst members.
Find information on:
- Job descriptions
- Frequently asked questions
- Spring 2019 CA Application (Application closes November 2nd, 2018)
- New 2019-2020 CA Application (Applications closes December 18th, 2018)
- Nomination form
We encourage you to speak with current Community Advisors, Area Coordinators, and DCL Central Office Staff members with any questions you may have, and you can also e-mail our office at CASelection@brandeis.edu with questions.
Each year as part of our recruitment process for Community Advisors, DCL hosts a series of information sessions across campus and in the residence halls where students can interact with DCL professional staff members and current CAs, learn more details about the CA role, and find out more about how to apply for the position. Please RSVP to one of the following information sessions:
- Wednesday, October 24th - DCL Conference Room at 7pm
- Thursday, November 1st - DCL Conference Room at 12pm
- Thursday, November 8th - Massell Quad, Shapiro Lounge at 7pm
- Tuesday, November 13th - DCL Conference Room at 12pm
- Friday, November 30th - DCL Conference Room at 12pm
- Monday, December 3rd - North Quad, Polaris Lounge at 7pm
- Wednesday, December 5th - Skyline, Skyline Commons at 7pm