COVID-19 Special Statement
The following message was sent to all residential students. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Date: Wed, Mar 11, 2020 at 4:58 PM
Hello Residential Student,
As was just announced, the University will be fully moving to online instruction Thursday, March 26th. We want to provide you with important information as it relates to your current on-campus housing, as well as the upcoming housing selection process that will begin on March 17th.
Students may vacate their current housing assignment as early as today by visiting their Quad Office after 8:00 pm to receive an official check-out envelope. Residence halls must be vacated by 12:00pm (noon) on Wednesday, March 25th for the remainder of the Spring semester.
- Students moving out of residence halls must return their keys in the official “Spring 2020 Special Move-out Key Return Envelope” to the Department of Community Living (DCL) Main office in Usdan (envelopes will be available in all quad offices and the DCL Main Office). We will prorate the remainder of your housing contract based on the date your key is returned.
- If you are a current customer of Storage Squad, we have made arrangements for packing materials to be picked up in the DCL Main Office in Usdan starting on Thursday, March 12th at noon. Items can be picked up during business hours from 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
- If you are not a current member of Storage Squad but are interested in storing your items, please visit the Storage Squad website. Please note that the Storage Squad is the only approved storage company. No other storage companies are permitted inside the residence halls.
- If you have any concerns about the current condition of your space, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring 2020 Request to Stay Form
- We will allow some undergraduates, on a case-by-case basis, to remain on campus in the residence halls but they will need permission from the Department of Community Living. Examples of students for whom exceptions would be made include international students, those with ongoing on-campus jobs, those who do not have a home to go to where they would be able to continue their online classes, or for whom going home is not an option. If you believe that you have an extenuating circumstance, we are eager to review your situation on a case by case basis to determine whether your request will be granted and the appropriate period of time for you to stay on campus.
- Students requesting to remain in on-campus housing past Wednesday, March 25th should sign into their MyHousing portal and complete the “Spring 2020 Request to Stay” form
- Additional information will be sent to those who submit the “Spring 2020 Request to Stay” form
Housing Selection Update
- The Housing Selection Process for the 2020-2021 year will continue as scheduled. We are currently looking into ways that we can communicate with students virtually during this process. More information will be provided on our Housing Selection website by the end of the week.
We understand that this is a very stressful time and the staff at the Department of Community Living want you to know we are here to support you throughout this ongoing situation. Please feel free to reach out to any member of the DCL professional staff via email, phone, or by visiting our main office in Usdan.
All our best,
Department of Community Living