Career Strategies Center
The Brandeis IBS Career Strategies team works with you one-on-one to identify the career path (or paths) you’re interested in, as well as the best approaches to pursuing your professional goals.
- Career advising and planning
- Career education and preparation
- Job skills assessment
- CareerFOCUS - A state-of-the-art career management system
- On- and off-campus recruiting opportunities
Internship and job search support
- Whether you are looking for an internship or a full time job, the Career Strategies team of advisors partners with you to support you in achieving your career goals.
- Through participation in individual coaching sessions, professional development workshops, national career fairs, on- and off-campus corporate information sessions, and our on-campus recruiting program, you will develop the skills and knowledge you need to be successful in your search.
- The Career Strategies Center is available to meet with both full-time and part-time students to address your particular employment needs including everything from searching for a summer internship, landing a full-time job or working towards a promotion.
Workshops and Panels
As a student in the MSF program, you’ll be invited to participate in a number of workshops that are designed to bolster your academic and professional strengths. Most workshops are held on Friday afternoons so as not to conflict with your class time.
Among our most popular workshop topics are:
- Researching companies and industries
- Salary negotiation
You’ll also be able to meet and learn from the accomplished financial professionals who host panels and lectures for Brandeis IBS students – as well as from our Executives in Residence.
Graduates of the MSF program who are now working in Boston, New York, and other top financial hubs serve as mentors to current students. These alumni can help guide you throughout your job search and interview process – as well as provide you with tailored advice and best practices for working and succeeding in specific careers.
Career Tracks of Recent Graduates
Given the close proximity of Brandeis International Business School (IBS) to Boston's financial services companies, as well as the part-time and full-time options for the program, graduates of the MSF Program can easily achieve employment in all sectors within the financial services field.
For students who aim to work nationally and internationally, the school’s Career Strategies Center maintains relationships with leading multi-national corporations and financial institutions in every continent.
Here's a sample of where MSF graduates are employed:
|Bank of New York Mellon||Account Administrator
Portfolio Performance Analyst
|Fidelity Investments||Portfolio Analyst
Senior Tax Manager
Senior Manager Data Strategy, Global Asset Allocation
Investment Operations Analyst
|John Hancock Financial Services/Life Insurance Company||Derivatives Analyst
Manager, Reporting Analysis
AVP & Actuary, Hedge Models
Mid-Market Retirement Plan Sales Consultant
|State Street Corporation and Affiliates||Client Service Assistant Vice President
Senior Financial Reporting Specialist
Principal, Sales & Marketing Supervisor
Managing Director - Global Head of Credit Research