Students in the Master of Arts in International Economics and Finance (MA) – Lemberg Program are pre-registered in Brandeis International Business School (IBS) core courses for their first (Fall) semester:
- The Accounting course requirement is offered at two levels to better meet students’ abilities. Your placement is determined by prior coursework and experience.
- Managerial Economics (ECON 207a). Students who believe they have covered this content in previous coursework will be given the opportunity to take an exemption exam during Orientation.
- Investments (FIN 201a). Students who believe they have covered this content in previous coursework will be given the opportunity to take an exemption exam during Orientation.
- Launching Your Global Career (BUS 224f). This course is offered in the Fall Semester. Apart from this, student are not pre-enrolled in any courses in their second (spring) semester.
- The one exception is the capstone course, which is usually taken in the Spring of Year 2. Students may fulfill this requirement by taking GEE instead but must do so during their first year.
- To defer a required course to your second year you must speak with your Program Advisor.
Required courses must be taken at Brandeis IBS, unless some extraordinary circumstances warrant an exception, which must be approved by the Program Advisor.