Information on Declaring a Specialization at Brandeis IBS
- Declaring a specialization is optional.
- A specialization can be declared at any time before the end of the final semester of study.
- Students may select up to two specializations, assuming that they can complete both specializations' requirements during their time at Brandeis IBS.
- The specialization appears on the transcript.
- The number of credits needed for a specialization does not increase the number of credits you need to take for your degree.
- Students should not focus on a specialization instead of core required courses, but make a plan that successfully incorporates the specialization into their degree program.