If you believe you qualify for an exemption from a degree requirement based on prior academic or life experience, you may petition to be excused from the requirement because you have satisfied it prior to coming to Brandeis.
- Petitions to be exempted from a degree requirement are to be submitted to the Program Advisor.
- Petitions submitted after the allotted period may not be approved.
- Petitions that do not include all requested information will be returned to the student.
- The student will be notified in writing if the exemption has been granted.
- Students should not presume that requests will be approved.
For ECON 202a, students may only obtain exemption by passing the exemption exam which is offered early in the fall of their first semester.