The African Business Club (ABC) is a professional, educational and social organization which welcomes all members of the community to join in their efforts. Through meetings, seminars and networking events, the group strives to raise awareness and understanding of the economic, social and political climate on the African continent while promoting interest in the emerging regional markets. Members of the African Business Club hope to foster a better understanding of African economics and business opportunities.
Events and Highlights
The African Business Club has previously:
- Held showcases on Africa Cultural Night
- Participated in Harvard Business School's annual African Conference
- Held debates on emerging issues in Africa
- Participated in the South African Chamber of Commerce in America (SACCA) MBA Alliance Event (for employment opportunities and interaction with other universities in the Boston area)
- Participated in African Presidential Archives and Research Center (APARC) events at Boston University
In the 2014-2015 academic year, ABC held an event showcasing innovative business products taking Africa by storm, and discussed what it takes to be part of the windfall.