The Technology and Innovation Management Club (TIMC) is a gateway for Brandeis IBS students to the highly dynamic and evolving tech field. The group strives to:
- provide members the network and experience to promote career opportunities across all technology industries
- advocate for knowledge and education in technology fundamentals and trends
- gain access to employment resources
- interact with technology leaders and professionals
- focus on the innovative aspects of technology
- foster entrepreneurial spirit at Brandeis IBS
Activities and events include:
- Networking with outside associations and companies
- Guest speakers
- Company visits- to provide members a close look at the high-tech work environment, to promote networking opportunities and to connect members with alumni
- Brainstorming sessions of professional technology ideas
- Phoenix workshop- combine business with science
3 Day Startup
What is the Brandeis 3 Day Startup?
The idea is simple: start a company over the course of three days. The event not only equips students with tools to translate ideas to reality, but also helps turn them into entrepreneurs, connecting them to a powerful network of mentors, investors, and talented colleagues.
We rent work space for an entire weekend, recruit 40 students with a wide range of backgrounds, cater food and drinks, invite top-notch entrepreneurs and investors, pick the best idea for a software startup during the Friday brainstorming session, and release a minimal prototype by Sunday night. The goal is to build enough momentum among a network of motivated people to sustain the company beyond the weekend.
Read more about the 2014 event here. Stay tuned for more information on the 2015 3 Day Startup!