LATTE Technical Requirements
Online learning courses at Brandeis University Graduate Professional Studies use LATTE, our Learning and Teaching Technology Environment, which is Moodle-based. LATTE is an open-source learning management software.
Brandeis Information and Technology Services (ITS) recommends using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when using LATTE.
Other browsers are unable to display all of LATTE's features. Other online systems at Brandeis (i.e., Sage, etc.) may recommend different browsers.
Course content within a LATTE course may be in a variety of file formats, depending on your instructor, including:
- PDF files (require Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- PPT files (require MS PowerPoint or PowerPoint viewer)
- HTML files (require Firefox)
- DOC files (require MS Word)
- QuickTime files (require QuickTime Player)
Other tools/software may be required depending on your course's subject matter. These requirements would be the same as those of the equivalent classroom course. Your instructor will provide you these details at the start of your class. In general, you should be familiar with:
- Using a browser
- Using a standard Word processor
- Rules of discussion etiquette (commonly called netiquette)
- Managing, uploading and downloading files