||Office of the Provost
|Nature of grant
||To cover certain dissertation-related expenses, except travel
||Doctoral students with an approved dissertation proposal
|Acceptable reimbursable expenses
- Research-related expenses (texts, compensation for survey responses, transcriptions, etc.).
- Archive/library (digital or in-person) access fees.
- Special equipment and software.
- Due to CDC guidelines and current Brandeis policies due to COVID-19, we cannot fund travel related expenses for the time being. Travel that has already occurred will be funded; please include the travel dates in your budget.
||April, 16 2021
|How to apply
- Complete the online application form, embedded below.
- Submit a budget statement that explains the need for research-related expenses and the relation of these expenses to your dissertation research that falls within the specified time period of July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021. Include an itemized budget and specific details regarding any other funding applied for and/or received. Housing and meals are not eligible for reimbursement. Note: This document must be completed before you begin the application. You will be asked to upload the document as an attachment.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your dissertation chair. Note: Ask your chair to write a letter and send directly to Jessica Basile, assistant dean, Office of Graduate Student Affairs.
||Jessica Basile, assistant dean, Office of Graduate Student Affairs