||Office of the Provost
|Nature of grant
||To cover certain dissertation-related expenses, especially travel
||Doctoral students with an approved dissertation proposal
|Acceptable reimbursable expenses
- Research-related travel expenses (airfare, train fare, etc.).
- Archive/library (digital or in-person) access fees.
- Special equipment and software.
- For music composition and theory students, travel for/work with ensemble or performer who is executing composition.
||April 19, 2019
|How to apply
- Complete the online application form, embedded below.
- Submit a budget statement that explains the need for travel- or research-related expenses and the relation of these expenses to your dissertation research. Include an itemized budget and specific details regarding any other funding applied for and/or received. Housing and meals are not eligible for reimbursement. If you have already incurred dissertation expenses for the specified time period (July 1, 2018, through June 30, 2019), you may include copies of your receipts with your application. Otherwise, no receipts are necessary. Note: This document must be completed before you begin the application. You will be asked to upload the document as an attachment.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from your dissertation chair. Note: Download the form and ask your chair to complete and send directly to Jessica Basile, assistant dean, Office of Graduate Student Affairs.
||Jessica Basile, assistant dean, Office of Graduate Student Affairs