Eligibility and Requirements
Please note: students must meet all the internship, eligibility and summer requirements to receive WOW funding.
Your internship needs to:
- Take place during Summer 2023, for at least 8 weeks AND at least 200 hours of work
- Be your primary summer activity. If you engage in any concurrent summer experience, WOW must be the more substantive experience, in terms of hourly commitment.
- Be unpaid. You may not receive any additional funding for the internship (i.e., stipends from Brandeis or outside sources, housing/flight/food allowances, etc.)
- You must complete all the WOW program requirements during the summer.
- You may receive only one WOW fellowship during your Brandeis career.
- You must be in good academic and community standing.
- You must be enrolled as a Brandeis undergraduate student in the fall after you complete your WOW summer internship.
- You may create an internship on your own or secure an offer from an existing program.
Internships that are arranged by an internship placement service or through a third-party organization are NOT eligible to apply. This includes any organization that requires fee-for-service, fee-for-materials, or mandatory donations to the organization.
Check-Ins with your Hiatt Liaison
You’ll be assigned a Hiatt liaison who can help answer questions, assist you should unexpected circumstances arise, and help guide your progress during the internship experience. You’ll connect with your liaison at least once, during the first week of your internship and again for a midsummer check in.
Blog Posts & Writing
You’ll submit three blog posts, asking you to reflect on your internship and your experience. Posts will be at least 500 words and your Hiatt liaison will review and help you publish your post. At the end of the summer you'll work with your liaison to update your resume and include your recent internship. You’ll also write a thank you note to your WOW donor.
Help other students learn about your internship by providing an internship review on Handshake. Your supervisor will also complete an evaluation of your performance.
For students awarded the Social Justice WOWs
You’ll attend a Social Justice WOW reception with the fund's donor upon returning to campus.