Hiatt Career Center Award News
Hiatt Career Center honored for excellence
The Hiatt Career Center was recently recognized for three national awards during the 2018-2019 academic year for a variety of programs. See more recognition and honors that our staff has recently received on our about us page.
NCDA Exemplary Career Center Award
The National Career Development Association has identified the Hiatt Career Center as the recipient of the 2019 Exemplary Career Center Award. This award is extended to center's that promote the continued development and implementation of thoughtful and innovative initiatives that support career development for outstanding service within education.
NCDA Service to International Students Award
Our continued work to engage and support international students was recognized by the National Career Development Association's 2019. The 2019 Service to International Students Award was extended to Hiatt based on data-driven and evidence-based best practices for international students, engaging campus partners to develop institutional support, and leveraging technology.
Additional reasons Hiatt received this award:
- Created a new, full-time staff position providing support for international students.
- Actively partnered with more than 20 campus offices supporting international students
- Established a WeChat social media account that engaged over 350 unique users since Fall 2017
- Created and delivered international student specific workshops
- Engaged 58 percent of all undergraduate international students in Fall 2018 alone through appointments, workshops, and events
- Developed international employer partners for educational and recruiting events, including a Career Opportunities in Asia Fair & Forum in 2018 and an International Student Career Fair in 2019
CASE Excellence Award
Wisdom Wanted was recognized in February 2019 by CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) with a regional gold medal District I Excellence Award. The Wisdom Wanted program facilitates meaningful career connections between Brandeis alumni and students