Build Career-Ready Skills
More and more, employers are seeking particular skills from applicants. Whether you're brushing up on a concept from class, or venturing into something entirely new, Brandeis has hundreds of free, online courses for you to learn job-readiness skills.
LinkedIn Learning (accessible with your Brandeis UNET login) is an online educational platform that helps you discover and develop business, technology-related, and creative skills through expert-led course videos. With more than 5,000 FREE courses and personalized recommendations, you can discover, complete, and track courses related to your field and interests, including:Creative Skills
The Brandeis Library
Our own library also offers FREE trainings on various topics each semester including:
- LaTeX for Beginners, Intro to 3D Printing, Survey Building with Qualtrics, Intro to Zotero (for citation management)
UniversalClass Online Courses
Hiatt has partnered with UniversalClass to offer students FREE access to over 500 self-paced, certificate-granting courses including:
- Business Writing, Community Development, Conflict Resolution, Fundraising, Grant Writing, Legal Terminology, Medical Terminology, and more!
**To enroll in a UniversalClass course please email Jackie Blesso for the Brandeis access code.
PAID, remote, project-based employment with companies ranging Fortune 100 to emerging start-ups! Micro-internships let you:
- Learn and build skills employers look for when recruiting for internships and full-time positions
- Explore new industries and career paths
- Build relationships with employers by demonstrating your skills and abilities
- Add projects to your resume working with top employers
FREE, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. Use Khan for professional/personal development as well as to learn new skills that can help you in your career.Personal finance
- Saving and budgeting, Interest and debt, Investments and retirement, Income and benefits, Housing, Car expenses, Taxes, Paying for college, Keeping your information safe
Founded by Harvard and MIT, edX is home to more than 20 million learners and offers FREE and fee-based online learning. EdX employs a freemium model in which learners audit classes for free or pay to participate in certificate programs that verify their identities. Explore programs and do your research before participating.
- FREE online courses for mental health and well-being: from de-mystifying mindfulness to understanding the science of happiness, we’ve collected top wellness courses to help you prioritize mental health and well-being during these uncertain times.
- FREE online courses for college students: from preparing for an interview to learning data science, we’ve collected courses to make it easier to keep learning.