Resumes and Letters
When applying to any opportunity, your resume, cover letter, and application materials are the very first impression made upon a recruiter.
Your documents should present who you are as a candidate in a clear, concise, and compelling way, that is customized for the position to which you are applying. To get started, we suggest the following:
- Format your documents using the anatomy of a resume and the anatomy of a cover letter as guides
- Review our interactive sample resumes for all majors and industries
- Attend a drop-in session to meet with a Hiatt Advisor to review the first draft of your documents
- Visit the Writing Center to assist you with developing language and to review grammar
- Meet with a Hiatt career counselor to strategies applying to positions
- Attend workshops about resume preparation and job and internship search
New in Fall 2018, your resume must be reviewed by the Hiatt Career Center. The deadline for resume review for the current application cycle is 12/19/18.
Have your resume reviewed:
Drop-in Hours (fall and spring semesters)
Monday through Friday: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and Tuesdays, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
HiattChat (fall and spring semesters)
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 - 10:00 p.m. These are virtual drop-ins with Hiatt Advisors through Google. Add HiattChat on Google Hangouts.
Schedule a 30-Minute Resume Review with a Hiatt staff member, make your appointment here.