Performance Reviews and Salary Increase Process
In an ongoing effort to more closely link pay with performance, the Office of Human Resources asks managers to monitor their subordinates' performance throughout the year and to complete formal performance reviews each spring.
The following forms will assist you in this effort:
- Annual performance evaluation (pdf): Template used by supervisors to assess their employees' performance.
- Annual performance evaluation guidelines: An overview of the performance review process.
- Employee pre-review input (pdf): Employees fill out this "self-review" before meeting with their supervisor.
NEW! 2022 Annual Salary Increase
The 2022 annual salary increase is effective July 2022!
The timeline and key dates for the performance and salary review process include:
- May 9, 2022: The base compensation database is frozen to allow for system configuration.
- May 31, 2022: Workday Compensation Module opens for salary review and increases submission.
- June 10, 2022: Performance reviews are due back to Human Resources on or before this date.
- June 17, 2022: Workday Compensation Module closes. All salary increases are due at this time (note your department increases may be due earlier).
- July 1, 2022: Increases are effective.
- July 8 and July 15, 2022: Increases are reflected in paychecks.
Resources and Support
- Video: Understanding 2022 salary increase for staff
- Department / Unit Annual Salary Planner List
- Information Session Presentation (pdf)
- Video: Information Session
- Workday training/drop-in schedule
- Reporting Staff Annual Salary Increases in Workday - Computer Training
- Job Aids - Manager with staff and no indirect reports
- Job Aids - Manager with both staff and indirect reports
- Job Aids - View Compensation by Employee
If you have questions or need additional guidance on the process, please contact the staff below: