Seminar Speakers and Consultants

Short-term visitors (anywhere from one day to three months) must enter the U.S. with a proper visa status appropriate for the purpose of their visit.  If it has been arranged to pay such persons a salary, honorarium, or even to reimburse for travel and expenses, it is especially important for such visitors to obtain a visa that will allow them to receive such payments. 

While immigration regulations now allow for tourist (B-1 or B-2, or WT) visa holders to receive honorarium and reimbursement of expenses for travel and lodging, please be advised that not all short-term appointments fit this option. 

It is important to consult with the ISSO to determine the most appropriate visa for the type of work to be performed and payment to be made.