Entering the U.S. by Land: Paper Form I-94

If you enter the U.S. by land, make sure you have the appropriate required documents. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer will issue you a Paper Form I-94, a small white card stapled into your passport.

If you are entering the U.S. by air or sea, you will be issued an Electronic Form I-94 instead of a Paper Form I-94.