Online learning throughout the school year for talented high schoolers
Brandeis University's Academic Immersion Program engages bright teens in a series of sessions in key subject areas and provides them with the tools needed to demonstrate their academic credentials.
Engage in a subject that they care about
- Ensuring all people have medical care and live in a healthy world
- Ensuring that all people are treated justly
- Exploring technology as a means to social justice
- Exploring Jewish learning and community as a means to social justice
Create a proposal to solve important challenges to our world
- Explore the ingredients of a top-tier proposal via a research abstract, computer application, powerpoint presentation, video presentation or performance.
- Learn how to define your topic, use university resources for research, and create a bibliography of materials.
- Think through all aspects of the proposal – including dissemination, partnerships, funding and more.
- Work with University teaching assistants to shape and polish your proposal.
Present their proposal to a network of like-minded peers, social justice activists and university leaders
- Attend the annual symposium, just for high school leaders, on the Brandeis University campus.
- Network, share presentations with community members, and compete for symposium honors.