July 5 - 17, 2020
Are you ready to step up as a leader in your school, youth group or home community? Do you want to make positive social change in the face of structural inequality? Are you prepared to change the world?
At Service Leadership, you’ll have the opportunity to combine your love for service with hands-on volunteer projects and deep intellectual exploration into the issues facing communities in the Greater Boston area and beyond. You will work directly with talented staff, Brandeis undergraduates and non-profit leaders in order to develop your own service projects, which you will present at a capstone presentation session at the program culmination.
Service Leadership at Brandeis is distinctively able to provide this special experience. The Princeton Review even named Brandeis the #5 school in the country for community service engagement! During this program you will:
- Earn 45 hours of community service credit.
- Make meaningful relationships with community leaders and residents and learn about systemic causes and programs for populations whose lives are affected by issues such as poverty, disabilities, immigrant and refugee status, hunger and homelessness, and other forms of need.
- Explore key concepts in non-profit organizational behavior and structures.
- Build lifelong friendships with other dedicated and talented teenagers from around the world.
- Hone your leadership skills, engage in hands‐on community service projects and develop a deep and nuanced appreciation of the underlying roots of the social problems you encounter through your service work.