Teaching Assistants (TAs) / CAs
Welcome TAs and CAs!
The Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is here to help you.
Graduate and Undergraduate Students
The CTL recognizes the instructional support that students provide in the classroom. We collaborate with CTL Partners to complement teaching support from your school and department/program by providing a TA Training LATTE course. This cohesive set of instructional training materials can help you facilitate learning experiences in the classroom and online. Enroll in the self-paced LATTE course for teaching assistants and international teaching assistants.
Faculty Resources: Working with TAs
- Supervisors of Teaching Assistants (Vanderbilt University, Center for Teaching)
- Supervising and Mentoring Graduate Teaching Assistants: A Faculty Guide (University of Delaware, Center for Teaching Excellence
- Working with your TA (University of Pittsburgh, Center for Teaching)
Zoom Virtual Background for Brandeis
TAs, faculty, and students may download this virtual background. The background provides a neutral and simple backdrop to help minimize distractions captured by webcams. Consult the Zoom Virtual Background documentation for more information.
Live Training Sessions
The following live sessions are offered by multiple campus colleagues. Join these sessions directly from the Faculty Development Calendar:
- Hybrid Teaching Strategies: Engagement/Equity, Assessment (CTL)
- Zoom (MTS)
- LATTE (Library, ITS)
- Hybrid Classrooms Video and Tips (ITS, MTS)
- Accessible Documents (SAS, Communications)
- Required Compliance Training (OEO) (sign up here)