Creating a Simple HTML Transcript
Writing a Transcript
Before you create your own transcript in Microsoft Word
Turn off Special Characters
- Open "Preferences" under the Word menu (next to File) in MSWord.
- Click on "AutoCorrect."
- Under the "AutoCorrect" and "Math AutoCorrect" tabs:
- Uncheck the box for "replace text as you type."
- Under the "AutoFormat as you Type" tab:
- Uncheck the box for "smart quotes."
- Uncheck the box for "symbol character (--)."
Please note: These directions are for MSWord 2016 for MAC. Steps may vary in other versions.
Creating the HTML File
Once your transcript has been written
- Send the file (Word, Google Doc, Text doc) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Someone in Digital Communications will convert the file to screen reader-friendly html and add it to the CMS. Note, this may take up to a week.
- Be sure to put a link to your transcript on the page(s) with your audio or video.