Faculty Professional Development Conference Travel Award
This award will fund up to $1,500 in travel expenses to attend a professional conference in the field of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (such as the NWSA annual conference or the Duke Annual Feminist Theory Workshop). The award is for professional development for faculty not on the conference program.
All core faculty and faculty on multi-year contracts teaching WGS courses are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to junior faculty, to faculty teaching WGS core courses, and to those who have not previously received the award. The award of up to $1,500 may be used to reimburse expenses related to conference registration, travel, and lodging. Per diem expenses are not eligible.
How to Apply
Online applications (below) for Spring 2022 are due January 14, 2022 by 5 pm.
A completed application includes:
- The conference name, location, and dates
- The importance of attending the conference for your professional development (such as related to teaching, research, and/or networking in the field of women’s, gender, and sexuality studies)
- Estimated itemized budget
- List of WGS courses you have taught or are scheduled to teach within the past several years
- Please also attach your current CV
Applications will be reviewed by the WGS Faculty Executive Committee (ChaeRan Freeze, Jill Greenlee, and Harleen Singh).
Fill out my online form.