Faculty Professional Development Conference Travel Award
This award will fund up to $1,500 in travel expenses to attend a professional conference in the field of Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (such as the NWSA annual conference or the Duke Annual Feminist Theory Workshop). The award is for professional development for faculty not on the conference program.
All core faculty and faculty on multi-year contracts teaching WGS courses are eligible to apply. Priority will be given to junior faculty, to faculty teaching WGS core courses, and to those who have not previously received the award. Funds The award of up to $1,500 may be used to reimburse expenses related to conference registration, travel, and lodging. Per diem expenses are not eligible.
WGS will offer up to two Professional Development Conference Travel awards per academic year, beginning with one award in the spring of 2020. (We need to set up the budget to be able to offer two awards beginning in the 20-21 academic year.)
How to Apply
Online applications (below) for Spring 2020 are due January 13, 2020 by 5 pm.
A completed application includes:
- The conference name, location, and dates
- The importance of attending the conference for your professional development (such as related to teaching, research, and/or networking in the field of women’s, gender, and sexuality studies)
- Estimated itemized budget
- List of WMGS or SQS courses you have taught or are scheduled to teach within the past several years
- Please also attach your CV
Applications will be reviewed in Fall 2020 by the WGS Faculty Executive Committee (ChaeRan Freeze, Jill Greenlee, Shoniqua Roach, Ellen Schattschneider, and Harleen Singh). Beginning Fall 2020, we can plan if we wish to establish a dedicated review committee for this award.
Fill out my online form.