There are two scholar affiliations for which you can apply:
- Application form
- Three letters of recommendation (Visiting Scholars, submitted online.) Two letters of recommendation (Dissertation Scholars, submitted online.) All referees must be professionals from the field in which you are applying. Only one referee may be a WSRC Scholar.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Representative sample of the candidate's work
- Statement of proposed goals for the next year, including work on a project that focuses on women's lives or gender issues.
- $75 application fee for Visiting Scholars (Dissertation Scholars are not required to pay a fee) Please mail the check to:
Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. The Brandeis WSRC is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities to become scholars are available to applicants from all races, ethnicities, religions, national origins, age groups, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression as well as the differently-abled. Preference given to proposals on minoritized communities and to those that view women and gender in conjunction with race and comparable categories.
Visiting Scholars join a vibrant scholarly community at the WSRC and have the benefits of institutional affiliation with Brandeis University. While Visiting Scholars do not receive a stipend, they are eligible to apply for work space at the Center, to present work-in-progress, join a study group, and apply to be a Scholar partner to a Brandeis undergraduate student in the Student-Scholar Partnership Program. Visiting Scholars may be in residence for up to a year, but may come for a shorter window of time (e.g. a single semester, two months in the summer, etc.) The position is renewable for an additional year.>
- Application deadline: March 2
- Fee: $75
This affiliation is appropriate for scholars who are in the final stages of completing their dissertation. This is a one-year maximum affiliation with no opportunity to renew.
- Application deadline: March 22
- Fee: None