There are two scholar affiliations for which you can apply:
- Application form
- Three letters of recommendation (submitted online). All referees must be professionals from the field in which you are applying. Only one referee may be a WSRC Scholar.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Representative sample of the candidate's work
- Statement of proposed goals for the next year, including work on a project that focuses on women's lives or gender issues.
- $75 application fee for Visiting Scholars
All applications are reviewed and evaluated by the applications committee, which includes scholars and Brandeis faculty members, and are presented to the director for discussion and final approval.
Visiting Scholars join a vibrant scholarly community at the WSRC and have the benefits of institutional affiliation with Brandeis University. While Visiting Scholars do not receive a stipend, they are eligible to apply for work space at the Center, to present work-in-progress, join a study group, and apply to be a Scholar partner to a Brandeis undergraduate student in the Student-Scholar Partnership Program. Visiting Scholars may be in residence for up to a year, but may come for a shorter window of time (e.g. a single semester, two months in the summer, etc.) The position is renewable for an additional year.
- Application deadline: March 1
- Fee: $75
This affiliation is appropriate for scholars who are in the final stages of completing their dissertation. This is a one-year maximum affiliation with no opportunity to renew.
- Application deadline: March 22
- Fee: None