Connect with the Ethics Center
Sign up for weekly updates and news from the Ethics Center
News & Highlights
What’s it like for immigrants who live in Waltham? Join students in the practicum “The Immigrant Experience in Waltham,” taught by Marci McPhee, as the students share what they learned from a semester working with Charles River Public Internet Center, Prospect Hill Community Center, and more. Learn more here.
The 2016 Advocacy Anthology has arrived! The Anthology features excerpted material from students in the Spring 2016 "Advocacy for Policy Change" (Legal Studies 161b) class. View the most recent edition here.
A lot of happened in the month of October! Keep up-to-date by visiting the Ethics Center's news page regularly. Learn more now.
The Summer/Fall 2016 edition of Ethics Central is out! View the most recent volume here.
The Center welcomes new Board members Germaine Ingram, Jay Kaufman '68, MA '73, Ángela María Pérez Mejía and Elaine Reuben '63. Read more about them here.
The International Center for Ethics, Justice and Public Life is pleased to announce that Daniel Terris, Director of the Ethics Center, has been awarded a Fulbright Scholarship. Dr. Terris will be based in Jerusalem as a U.S. Fulbright Scholar from August 2016 through June 2017. Dr. Cynthia Cohen will serve as acting director of the Center during this time. Read more here.
The International Center for Ethics, Justice, and Public Life encompasses the Program in Peacebuilding and the Arts, Programs in International Justice and Society, and a range of Brandeis campus programs:
Promoting Just Societies and a Global Rule of Law
- "The Responsibility to Protect at 10: The Challenge of Protecting the World's Most Vulnerable Populations" conference brought leading scholars and practitioners together at Brandeis. Read papers based on conference sessions.
- Brandeis Institute for International Judges: View the institute summary of the 11th session now (institute report forthcoming).
- His Royal Highness Prince Zeid of Jordan spoke at Brandeis on "Nuremberg: the Future of International Criminal Justice." Details, video and PDF.
Transforming Violence Through Creativity
- New interdisciplinary minor focused on the intersection of peacebuilding, justice and culture: Creativity, the Arts and Social Transformation (CAST). Details.
- Acting Together on the World Stage: Anthology, documentary and toolkit now available.
The Educational Network for Active Civic Transformation
- A new national program to engage young people in state-level legislative change. Details.
- 15 Faculty Fellows from colleges and universities across the country have joined Brandeis in the ENACT network.
Knowledge, Action & Reflection for the Next Generation of Social Justice Leaders
- Sorensen Fellowship: the 2015 anthology of narratives is now in print: Rediscoveries: Reconciling Personal Narratives in Community Building [PDF].
- "Advocacy for Policy Change" (LGLS 161b) students work with Massachusetts legislators and advocacy groups to reform and propose laws. Read more.
- 'DEIS Impact: Looking back at the fifth annual Brandeis "festival of social justice" – with photos, videos, summaries of events, and more...
- The Center hosts two University-wide awards on behalf of the Office of the President: the Joseph B. and Toby Gittler Prize and the Richman Distinguished Fellowship in Public Life.