Connect with the Ethics Center
Sign up for weekly updates and news from the Ethics Center
News & Highlights
The Ethics Center and the Student Union presented the third annual weeklong "festival of social justice" at Brandeis University Feb. 1-10, featuring talks, performances, exhibits, discussions, and more. It was a great success! See photos, videos, summaries of events, and more....
Inaugural Richman Distinguished Fellowship in Public Life Lecture: March 25
Angela Glover Blackwell, the founder and chief executive officer of PolicyLink, will deliver the inaugural Richman Distinguished Fellowship in Public Life Lecture. Blackwell is a leading national voice in the movement to use public policy to improve access and opportunity for all low-income people and communities of color, particularly in the areas of health, housing, transportation, education and infrastructure. The lecture is free and open to the public. Read more and RSVP (optional). Additional info at BrandeisNOW.
What's been happening at the Ethics Center? What's coming up? Find out in our most recent newsletter. Read online or download [PDF].
Following the words of inspiration of 'DEIS Impact keynote speakers Kweku Mandela-Amuah and Ndaba Mandela, Ethics Center Leadership Council member Amelia Katan '15 "went home and logged on to mandelaproject.com for a taste of social justice networking. I was intrigued by the unexpected combination of Brandeisians’ two favorite pastimes – Facebook and social activism." Read her reflections on the keynote and this social networking effort in the "Social Justice & Social Networking."
The International Center for Ethics, Justice, and Public Life encompasses the Program in Peacebuilding and the Arts, Programs in International Justice and Society, and a range of Brandeis campus programs:
Promoting Just Societies and a Global Rule of Law
- Judicial colloquium held in The Netherlands addressing sexual violence under international and domestic law in the case of the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Full news report and slideshow available.
- Brandeis Institute for International Judges: Complete report of the eighth session now available [PDF].
- His Royal Highness Prince Zeid of Jordan spoke at Brandeis on "Nuremberg: the Future of International Criminal Justice." Details, video and PDF.
Transforming Violence Through Creativity
- Acting Together on the World Stage: Anthology, documentary and toolkit now available.
- Finding Common Ground through Oral History and the Arts: Bahrain/Brandeis partnership brings the Ulafa'a Reconciliation Art Project to Brandeis. Details and video.
Knowledge, Action & Reflection for the Next Generation of Social Justice Leaders
- Sorensen Fellowship: the 2012 anthology of narratives is now in print: Parallel Paths [PDF].
- "Advocacy for Policy Change" (LGLS 161b) students work with Massachusetts legislators and advocacy groups to reform and propose laws. Read more.
- 'DEIS Impact: Looking back at the third annual Brandeis "festival of social justice" – with photos, videos, summaries of events, and more...