Quality Online Approach
At Brandeis GPS, our unique approach to online learning is designed by and for working professionals. Benefits include:
- A flexible admissions process. Students can take a course without formally applying for admission to the program.
- Quality online education. GPS has been applying best practices in online course delivery for more than a decade.
- Small classes. With less than 16 students per course, you will be able to actively engage with your peers and instructors.
- Experienced instructors. You will collaborate with e-learning pioneers and industry experts.
- Flexible programs designed by and for working professionals. With a set weekly pace, you'll be able to participate on a schedule that works for you.
- Personal guidance and support. Upon enrollment, you'll receive a dedicated student advisor who will provide you with academic support throughout your time with GPS.
- Brandeis standards of excellence. Our material goes through layers of program and course reviews and is validated by external professional advisory board members.
Is online learning right for me?
We invite prospective students to take our online learning self-assessment survey to gain a better sense of what it's like to work online. Brandeis GPS students use and develop the following skillsets during the duration of their degree program:
- Strong reading and writing skills: our courses rely heavily on written material. In addition to weekly readings, course content includes weekly online “lecture notes,” supplemental readings, articles, case studies, and discussions. Students participate in the course through regular, written assignments and discussion posts.
- Effective time-management skills: using the syllabus, weekly checklists, and an online calendar and assignments tool, students follow the course schedule and meet weekly assignment expectations. Students typically spend 9-15 hours per week per course.
- Comfort with the technology: students learn to use online learning technology effectively and contact student support for technological help as soon as they encounter a problem. All courses within our programs use LATTE, the University's online learning environment.
We also offer an online learning orientation course to all new students to ensure they feel fully prepared to start their online coursework.