Graduates of the program are equipped to:
- Apply a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the cost-effective development, operation and maintenance of software systems to the satisfaction of their beneficiaries.
- Build solutions using different technologies, architectures and life-cycle approaches in the context of different organizational structures, with demonstrated programming expertise in at least one language.
- Foster the development, adoption and sustained use of standards of excellence for software engineering practices.
- Communicate effectively and think critically about a wide range of issues arising in the context of working constructively on software projects.
Students seeking a professional focus in the Master of Software Engineering program have the option to follow one of five “tracks” that focus on a particular area of interest:
- Web and Mobile Development
- Enterprise Architecture and Development
- Software Testing