Cheminformatics Master’s Certificate
- 100% online
- 4 courses (12 credits)
- Complete in 11 months
- Pathway to MS in Bioinformatics
- Official STEM designation
Identify target molecules for the treatment of disease
Bioinformatics is rapidly changing the course of human health and history. Scientists and researchers use data like never before to save countless lives each day. Bioinformatics fuels new discoveries for treating cancer and other diseases, identifying underlying genetic causes and accelerating vaccinations. The field provides the foundation for personalized medicine and therapeutic breakthroughs that dramatically improve health outcomes.
The Brandeis GPS online master's certificate in Cheminformatics will prepare you to script in Python, and perform basic structural bioinformatics and cheminformatics analyses. After completing the Cheminformatics Master’s Certificate, you will have the option to apply your course credit to the MS in Bioinformatics, expand your current career responsibilities into cheminformatics, or switch to roles focused on drug discovery research informatics.
Small classes mean you get personalized attention from instructors who are practicing scientists and researchers.
The Master's Certificate in Cheminformatics will allow you to:
- Gain skills in Python, Pymol, and Knime for performing cheminformatics and data analysis tasks
- Understand the biological and biophysical bases of disease intervention by molecular medicines
- Learn to train and validate machine learning models for cheminformatics-based drug discovery