Drug Discovery Informatics Master’s Certificate
- 100% online
- 4 courses (12 credits)
- Complete in 11 months
- Pathway to MS in Bioinformatics
- Official STEM designation
Be at the forefront of pharmaceutical innovation
Bioinformatics is rapidly changing the course of human health and history. Scientists and researchers use data like never before to save countless lives each day. Bioinformatics fuels new discoveries for treating cancer and other diseases, identifying underlying genetic causes and accelerating vaccinations. The field provides the foundation for personalized medicine and therapeutic breakthroughs that dramatically improve health outcomes.
The Brandeis GPS online master's certificate in Drug Discovery Informatics will prepare you to script in Python and R, understand the biological and biophysical bases of disease intervention by molecular medicines, as well as the role of informatics in drug discovery and development. After completing the Drug Discovery Informatics Master’s Certificate, you will have the option to apply your course credit to the MS in Bioinformatics, and expand your current career responsibilities to apply bioinformatics data and analyses in the context of drug discovery and development.
Small classes mean you get personalized attention from instructors who are practicing scientists and researchers.
The Master's Certificate in Drug Discovery will allow you to:
- Gain basic proficiency in Python and R for bioinformatics and data analysis tasks
- Understand the biological and biophysical bases of disease intervention by molecular medicines
- Understand the role of informatics in the drug discovery and development process, including target ID, lead optimization, DMPK profiling, safety assessment, biomarker development, clinical trials, and commercial assessment