Genetic Counseling Courses: Online Application
In the course listing section of the online application for admission, applicants to Genetic Counseling should be sure to list their courses in the following format. It is important to note that these courses are prerequisites for entrance to the program.
- General Chemistry (one year with lab)
- Biology (one year with lab)
- Genetics (one semester; includes both mendelian and molecular)
- Organic Chemistry (one semester)
- Biochemistry (one semester)
- Introduction to Psychology
- Introduction to Statistics
Important Instructional Notes
- You will need to add your past institutions before adding individual course listings. When adding a course, you must select the institution at which the course was taken.
- If you have not yet taken a particular course, please select the future most attendance dates allowed in the online application and enter the institution at which you plan to take the course (or choose Other if you have not yet decided on an institution). Then, you should enter the relevant course name and choose "Course Not Yet Taken" when prompted for a grade.