Payments or confirmation of funding (financial aid, employer benefits, etc.) are due within 24 hours of registration, with a final balance deadline of January 3, 2024.
Brandeis GPS accepts payment via:
- Personal check
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express credit cards
- Electronic bank draft
- Nelnet payment plan
- Deadline for applying for a payment plan for Spring-1 2024 is December 16, 2023.
- Log in to Workday using your Brandeis credentials.
- Select the "Student Account" worklet under applications in your Workday account.
- In the top left box under "View Account Details and Manage Payments," select "Nelnet Student Account Portal - GPS Only."
- This will bring you to the Nelnet student account center where you can make a payment by selecting the "make a payment" button.
Course Withdrawal and Refund Policy
Students who wish to cancel their registration in a course once the session has begun are required to complete the Course Drop Form.
Course Refund Policy
When a course is dropped after the session has begun, students are responsible for tuition in the following amounts:
- Drops during Weeks 1 and 2: 25% of course tuition
- Drops during Weeks 3 and 4: 50% of course tuition
- Drops after Week 4: 100% of course tuition (no refund)
Note: Academic drops after the final day of Week 6 are not permitted.
Refunds are permitted when a student has already paid tuition in full. Any billable amounts remaining on your account after dropping (which includes cases where financial aid is revoked or readjusted) will result in a financial hold being placed on your record. Holds do not permit students to request transcripts or enroll in future sessions until removed.
If you have paid your tuition in full, after tuition is assessed to your account, you are eligible for the following refund schedule:
- Drops before the first day of the session: 100% refund processed
- Drops during Weeks 1 and 2: 75% refund processed
- Drops during Weeks 3 and 4: 50% refund processed
- Drops during Weeks 5 and 6: 0% refund eligibility*
*Although you will not receive a financial refund, you are still eligible to academically drop a course until the final day of Week 6 during the session.
You are free to request a refund through Workday, although periodically, we process refunds automatically during the session. For example, financial aid cannot "rollover" into the next session — all funds must be refunded to the student. Students with financial aid who do not want a refund must request an adjustment to their aid by contacting Student Financial Services.
Finally, a note for students who have discounts: discounts are also prorated in the same manner as tuition, which means you may also have a charged portion of your discount assessed on your record. Discounts follow the same prorated (course drop) policy as tuition:
- Drops before the first day of a session: discounts reverse completely with no fee
- Drops during Weeks 1 and 2: 25% discount reassessed/charged
- Drops during Weeks 3 and 4: 50% discount reassessed/charged
- Drops after Week 4: 100% discount reassessed/charged
Students who have only partially paid for tuition are still responsible for any assessed tuition and discounts applied to their account after the drop has been processed.
Program withdrawals are a separate request a student must file by completing the Program Withdrawal Form. Withdrawals are considered separately from course drops. Unless agreed upon with your advisor, if you must withdraw from your program and drop a currently registered course, you must complete both forms for consideration. Withdrawals are not approved if there is a pending balance on your account--any balances must be paid prior to requesting a withdrawal in order to approve your request. Holds will still apply in the same manner to your account until your balance is paid. Please see the financial responsibility agreement for more information regarding collections and student responsibility.