Brandeis University welcomes applications from transfer students. In order to receive the full benefit of a Brandeis education, we require that you study at Brandeis for a minimum of two years.
Deadlines and Notification
|Semester of Entry||Application Deadline||Notification|
|Spring 2015||Nov. 1, 2014||Around Dec. 1, 2014|
|Fall 2015||March 15, 2015||Rolling, usually mid April-June|
Requirements for Admission
When you apply for admission as a transfer student, the following materials are required:
- Brandeis undergraduate application
- College transcript (one transcript from each post-secondary institution you have attended)
- High school transcript
- Letter of recommendation from an academic professor
- The Registrar Report* from ALL colleges/universities you have attended as a degree-seeking student. (Please be sure this form is filled out in its entirety, including the four questions on the bottom of the second page. Many college officials overlook this section, causing a delay in application processing.)
- Mid-Term Report (for all students currently enrolled in college)
- Financial aid application (If you are not applying for aid, please answer "no" to the question "Do you intend to apply for need-based financial aid?" on the Common Application.) Your application for admission cannot be evaluated until all financial aid documents are received.
- Transfer candidates are not required to submit SAT or ACT scores, though it is recommended.
- $75 application fee
Additional requirements for international transfer applicants:
- International transfer candidates who do not speak English as a first language are required to submit scores from the TOEFL or IELTS.
- International financial documentation must be submitted by the application deadline:
Transfer Credit Evaluations
Transfer applicants who are admitted and plan to matriculate to Brandeis are responsible for having final transcripts and official AP/IB scores sent prior to the entering semester. After receipt of transcripts and official scores, the college registrar will evaluate your courses and award transfer credit where appropriate. A tentative credit evaluation will appear in the transfer acceptance package but does not include courses in progress.