Brandeis University Admissions
Your roadmap from Point A to Point B(randeis).
If you are applying to Brandeis as a transfer student, please review the list below carefully. It outlines everything you need to include with your application. It also includes additional items that are required for international transfer students.
Check out our transfer applicant FAQ to learn more about transferring to Brandeis.
All Transfer Applicants
- A completed Common Application.
- $80 application fee (or fee waiver).
- Official copies of all high school transcripts and/or GED certificate.
- Official college transcript(s) from all post-secondary school institutions that you attended.
- A Transfer College Report (pdf) from all colleges/universities you have attended as a degree-seeking student.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher who has instructed you in a core academic course (math, science, history, foreign language or English).
- A Mid-Term Report (pdf) that includes grades for all classes, if you're currently in school.
- Financial documentation (if applying for aid):
- SAT and ACT scores are recommended for transfer applicants, but they are not required.
International Transfer Applicants
If you are an international student applying as a transfer, please note these additional requirements:
- English Proficiency. International students for whom English is not their native language should submit results of an English proficiency exam. Students have the choice of submitting scores from one of the following exams:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
- Duolingo English Test (DET).
- Applicants who have completed two university-level English composition courses taught in the United States with a grade of B or better are exempt from this requirement.
- Applicants who attended a high school where the primary language of instruction was English for four or more years are exempt from this requirement.
- Financial Documentation. If you are not applying for financial aid, you must submit:
- The Certification of Finances for International Students through your DEISconnect portal.
- Supporting financial documentation, demonstrating the funds that the family will contribute to the applicant's education for the first year of study. Examples are statements of earnings from employers, certification of finances from banks or other financial institutions, or tax returns if available.
Still have questions? We're here to help. Email us at email@example.com.