Brandeis University Admissions
Each fall and spring, Brandeis welcomes a small group of visiting students — non-degree candidates who wish to enroll full-time for one or two semesters.
Interested in becoming a visiting student? Apply online April 1 for the fall semester, or by November 1 for spring semester. To request an application, email email@example.com. Be sure to choose the "visiting student" option, and submit all of the items outlined below.
- A completed visiting student application (choose the "visiting student" option).
- $80 application fee.
- Official copies of all high school transcripts and/or GED certificate.
- Official college transcript(s) from all post-secondary school institutions that you attended.
- A Transfer College Report (pdf) from all colleges/universities you have attended as a degree-seeking student.
- A letter of recommendation from a college or university instructor.
- A Mid-Term Report (pdf) that includes grades for all classes, if you're currently in school.
- A resumé and/or educational timeline.
- Standardized test scores (optional).
- Supplemental letters of recommendation (optional).
Eligibility and Considerations
To be eligible, you must be currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate study, and have completed at least one year of full-time coursework. Visiting students must carry at least 12 credit hours of courses each semester with a minimum GPA of 2.0. Students who don't meet these standards may be denied permission to register for a second semester.
Housing and financial aid are not available to visiting students, and degree candidates will take precedence over visiting students in limited-enrollment courses.
Special-student status for non-degree students who wish to enroll in one to two courses per semester is subject to approval on an individual and semester basis by the Rabb School of Continuing Studies. Learn more about special-student status and how to apply on the Brandeis Summer School website.