Focus on Global Economics and Finance
The BA/MA Program at Brandeis International Business School (IBS) is an innovative program focused on international finance, economics, and business. The BA/MA curriculum targets financial and economic skills needed to understand the global economy and operations of international capital markets.
The main elements of the BA/MA curriculum are:
- a conceptual framework for understanding global markets
- sophisticated skills in finance, accounting, business and economic analysis, and quantitative methods
- advanced expertise in one or more specialized areas – for example, derivatives, development policy, portfolio management, or region-based economic topics
- concentrations offered in international finance, international business, and international economic policy
- an ability to apply skills and expertise to "real world" trends and challenges
- concrete skills in financial modeling and analysis through the use of our expansive Bloomberg Lab, the largest in Greater Boston
Electives cover analytic and applied subjects, all taught by senior professionals in the field. We pride ourselves on the dynamism of our offerings, particularly how one of six courses is new each year. By continuously updating and evaluating the curriculum, we encourage our students to utilize major current trends in the global economy and apply their learning and analysis to practical situations.