Steps to Completion and Key Dates
In order to ensure the timely completion of your master's thesis, please follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Apply to Graduate
Complete the Apply to Graduate form available here and submit it to the Registrar, Kutz Hall by:
- Saturday, November 1, 2014 for February 2015 graduation
- Sunday, March 1, 2015 for May 2015 graduation
- Friday, June 12, 2015 for August 2015 graduation
Step 2: Submit Certification of Master’s Thesis Acceptance
Students completing graduate programs with a master's thesis requirement must electronically deposit their thesis to the Brandeis Institutional Repository. The master's thesis requirement will not be considered fulfilled, nor will the thesis be published through the University Archives, until the Certification of Master's Thesis Acceptance form is submitted to GSAS. Complete this form and submit it to GSAS (Kutz Hall, 2nd floor) no later than one day before your thesis submission deadline (see below).
Step 3: Submit Your Thesis Electronically
Follow the formatting guidelines for preparing your thesis for electronic submission. Submit your thesis to the Brandeis Institutional Repository once approved and accepted by your thesis advisor by:
- Thursday, January 15, 2015 for February 2015 graduation
- Monday, April 27, 2015 for May 2015 graduation
- Thursday, August 13, 2015 for August 2015 graduation
Key deadlines and dates for both GSAS and the Registrar can be found here.