Steps to Completion and Key Dates
In order to ensure the timely completion of your master's thesis, please follow the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Apply to Graduate
Complete the Graduate Application and submit it online by:
- Tuesday, November 1, 2016, for February 2017 graduation
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017, for May 2017 graduation
- Friday, June 23, 2017, for August 2017 graduation
Step 2: Submit Certification of Master’s Thesis Acceptance
Students completing graduate programs with a master's thesis requirement must electronically deposit their thesis to the Brandeis Institutional Repository. The master's thesis requirement will not be considered fulfilled, nor will the thesis be published through the University Archives, until the Certification of Master's Thesis Acceptance (PDF) form is submitted to GSAS. Complete this form and submit it to GSAS (Kutz Hall, 2nd floor) no later than one day before your thesis submission deadline (see below).
Step 3: Submit Your Thesis Electronically
Follow the formatting guidelines for preparing your thesis for electronic submission. Submit your thesis to the Brandeis Institutional Repository once approved and accepted by your thesis advisor by:
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017, for February 2017 graduation
- Monday, April 24, 2017, for May 2017 graduation
- Thursday, August 10, 2017, for August 2017 graduation
Read about key deadlines and dates for both GSAS and the Registrar.