Life on Campus
Life as a graduate student no longer involves just the classroom. At Brandeis, you will become part of a community that is strengthened by life both within and outside of the classroom, laboratory, and studio walls. We have many support services that can enhance your academic experience.
- GSA: The Office of Graduate Student Affairs supports life on campus for graduate students and serves as a liaison between graduate students and the University administration. This office works to coordinate events and programming among the graduate schools, advises and assists the Graduate Student Association (GSA) and the Graduate Student Senate, offers programming throughout the year, and runs several orientation activities in the fall.
- Gradate Student Center: We invite you to visit the Graduate Student Center, located on the first floor of Kutz Hall. Use a day-locker, check your email and find a quiet spot to work or meet with other students. Watch CNN on the large flat-screen TV, warm up your lunch in our microwave or just hang out. The center also offers: discount tickets to movie theaters and to cultural events, MBTA discounted semester passes, and a series of co-curricular workshops to enhance your Brandeis experience.
- Health and Fitness: Free gym access, counseling services, and many health insurance choices suit your needs and lifestyle.
- Workshops: Our Career Services office sponsors workshops and symposia each semester to enhance the academic experiences of both master’s and Ph.D. students.
- Transportation: Boston is a walking city, and with Brandeis just a short commuter rail ride away, you have access to Boston’s cultural neighborhoods and city conveniences. We offer various options for transportation to and from Brandeis, including discounted MBTA (subway and commuter train) passes, local bus service, and the Brandeis van. Parking is available on campus for those students with a car.