Diversity at GSAS
Brandeis was founded on the principle of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we remain one of the few academic institutions in the United States who can make that claim. Our university came into being at a time when people of Jewish heritage were prevented from attending school or attaining faculty positions at Ivy League institutions, and we believe that no population should be prevented or dissuaded from pursuing a world-class education. At GSAS, we are committed to seeking students, faculty and staff of all backgrounds, cultures, identities, and experiences.
Our dedication to inclusivity goes beyond our commitment to social justice. We believe that cultivating a truly diverse and vibrant community benefits all scholars at GSAS and brings necessary perspectives to our research efforts and academic endeavors. Increasing diversity among our community is an ongoing priority at Brandeis, and a key focus for GSAS. We welcome you to learn more about some of our campus resources.
Resources on Campus
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Office of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Intercultural Center
- Gender and Sexuality Center
- Brandeis Pluralism Alliance
- Alumni of Color Network
- International Students and Scholars Office
- Office of Religious and Spiritual Life (Chaplaincies)
- Disabilities Services and Support
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Office of Prevention Services